[Mystical_dragon_] Part of the team

1. How long have you been with OtterCraft?

5 - 6 months (probably not good enough i know)

2. How old are you? Do you have any experience in moderating a server?

I am ## old and i have experience in moderating many servers in my past

3. Why would you like to be staff?

I would like to be staff because of the sheer want to help out people.

4. What would you do if users started spamming the chat?

I would ask them to stop and if they were to refuse stopping then i would ask to have a little private one on one chat with them (no bad things)

5. Someone was exploiting a bug on the server, what would you do?

Ask to see what this bug does first but if they refuse to talk about it then i would spy on them (without being invis) and wait until they do it again or talk about it in local chat.

6. Your friend, best friend, sibling or any family member joined the server and started breaking the rules, what would you do?

I would immediately send them to jail unless a serious deal because then i would kick them.

7. In the event that you are accused of picking “favorites” on the server, how would you respond to that?

I would say that i do not have a favorite because when you get to know so many great members and admins then you cant really choose just one favorite therefore no need to have any favorites

8. How have you responded to criticism in the past?

I would say that i responded to criticism well. No problems there.

9. Is there anything you’d like to see OtterCraft do in the future that we are not currently doing?

To be honest in the future of ottercraft i would love to see a big but no too big minigames area for people to make minigames for the server to play and get prizes.

10. Lastly do you have any skills or strengths you’d like to point out in particular?

I have a strength in thinking up almost all possible answers or ways to do something. And whoever sees this… I have a weird strength that gets me called crazy where sometimes when i sleep i see moments from in the future that i cant control what happens until when it happens and when it happens it feels like im awake and sometimes struggle to tell the difference between being awake and asleep. But thats enough of that right :smiley:

Hello. I’ll be your moderator for the day!
Im gonna go through all the questions I find relevant and then ask you some extra questions and/or add comments.

Note that we do not (as far as I know) seek new staff right now. This means we will go through staff apps when we need new staff.

When I first got moderator I had been on the server for 3 months. 5-6 months is in my eyes dedication to this server.

Which servers? Anything or anyone we can verify with?

Usually we will already know what a bug does and as staff we should always try to see if they exploited with ill intend. There have been cases of suspected x-ray where the player just exploited a game mechanic, but we thought it was x-ray. This player was eventually unbanned after a little discussion as we deemed him/her to have no ill intention.

Got any examples? :smile:

Extra questions and comments:
What do you do when you get bored on the server? And what would you think would help on getting players to stay longer?

You mentioned minigames. Have you yourself tried to take initiative to get such minigames going on the server?

Is there a certain direction you would like to see Ottercraft go?

Our latest test was skyblock and we have implemented a creative server with less success. Do you think this is the correct thing to do for OtterCraft? Please explain why :blush:

Your friendly neighborhood forum mod,
Rinadeithe.

Ok rina, i think you gave me gosh damn dyslexia after the post you sent… And the (as far as you know) not be seeking staff and yada yada yada… Koool

Is that a good thing… Or a bad thing… because i cant tell :smiley:

uh give me a little time because i dont talk with them much anymore and like most of them hate me just like 85% of the country i live in (Australia) and any person who has met me :smiley:

I watch a lot of YT videos from a creator named skip the tutorial so i learn about all the little tricks people can use to “cheat”

I actually have tried to make minigames for on the server. Though they havent turned out the way i wanted them to or they couldnt be finished with the materials i had.

Honestly i would say ottercraft is going in a great direction but would just need more… Cooperative styled fun. If that makes sense of :sweat_smile:

it was indeed a correct thing to do in my eyes because of how the creative can be used for people wanting to make a build first, go onto survival and get the blocks and go on ahead and build it in survival, which it probably didnt go so well because members either already knew what they needed or went on personal worlds. And the skyblock thing… Definite good idea because of how so many people have joined and gotten hooked onto it.

your villainous (for some reason) friend
Mystical_dragon_

Hopefully i did this right XD

Thank you. I don’t know if any other have any other questions but I certainly have not.

The OC staff will contact you if you’re up for consideration when looking for new moderators.
Please keep in mind that staff are not looking for new staff at current moment.

This thread will now be locked!

Your friendly neighborhood forum mod,
Rinadeithe.