[MrWoots] Staff Application

1. How long have you been with OtterCraft?

I have played on OtterCraft since 2017- so about 5 years at this point.

2. How old are you? Do you have any experience in moderating a server?

I am currently 17. I don’t have any prior moderating experience on any Minecraft servers.

3. Why would you like to be staff?

As an active member of the community, I feel like I can help lighten the load on current staff members and have fun doing it. I think of myself as a fairly level-headed individual and I believe that by being on the staff team, I can help out in the community I’ve been a part of since I was 12. I also think that other people see me as a familiar and friendly face on the server

4. What would you do if users started spamming the chat?

I would politely ask them to stop and if they refuse to do so, I would temporarily mute them.

5. Someone was exploiting a bug on the server, what would you do?

Report admins of the bug’s existence and either warn, jail or ban the person responsible.

6. Your friend, best friend, sibling or any family member joined the server and started breaking the rules, what would you do?

I would punish them accordingly as to not hold a bias.

7. In the event that you are accused of picking “favorites” on the server, how would you respond to that?

Calmly respond that that isn’t the case and make a better effort to make it so people don’t feel that way about me.

8. How have you responded to criticism in the past?

I tend to respond pretty well to criticism, I don’t have much of a temper so I tend to remain calm during moments of criticism. I tend to try and apply criticism however I can, ranging from changing posture to changing my general attitude to make people more comfortable.

9. Is there anything you’d like to see OtterCraft do in the future that we are not currently doing?

Not necessarily, I think the server is operating well as is, maybe expand the adminshop and make it more viable. I think the server is being ran well and as such I want to continue that effort put in by the current staff.

10. Lastly do you have any skills or strengths you’d like to point out in particular?

As stated prior, I don’t have much of a temper so I can remain calm in situations someone else might get upset by and I tend to not let emotion cloud my better judgement. I also like to think of myself as mature, although that could very well be delusion.

I truly love this community and would love to help out as much as I can on the server. Even if not selected, I will do my part to make this community great for everyone!

3 Likes