[AshleyTheGriffon] Staff Application 2.0

Gonna give a headup first that I have once submitted my application though discord ticket means and this can be considered the more recent responses.

1. How long have you been with OtterCraft?

Ans:
I have been with Ottercraft since 2018 ish. That would be 4 years.

2. How old are you? Do you have any experience in moderating a server?

Ans:
I am 22 years old this year and I have experience in moderating medium-sized discord server but not in moderating minecraft servers.

3. Why would you like to be staff?

Ans:
I am always looking for ways to help others when they in need. I feel being staff can help others in greater length and also want to try out what being a staff is like.

4. What would you do if users started spamming the chat?

Ans:
I would give them 3 warnings and if there still press on with spamming, I would consider muting them as warning is not working as intended.

5. Someone was exploiting a bug on the server, what would you do?

Ans: I would give them an warning but if they press on, I would consider an kick and inform the backend team of this potentially Zero-day expolit that is present in the server.

6. Your friend, best friend, sibling or any family member joined the server and started breaking the rules, what would you do?

Ans: I would treat them equally as an normal player as playing “favourism” is not an option in my way of doing things but of course with the much needed respect to any player.

7. In the event that you are accused of picking “favorites” on the server, how would you respond to that?

Ans: I would reach out to that player to find out more and what have caused him or her to think that way and try to de-escalate the situation at hand and apologise if the situation requires.

8. How have you responded to criticism in the past?

Ans: Past or Present, I would accept criticism as an opportunity as I believe all criticism, even unmerited criticism is useful to me and they are things that I am doing ineffectively or poorly—things I could do better.

9. Is there anything you’d like to see OtterCraft do in the future that we are not currently doing?

Ans:
I would like to see Ottercraft hold more events or contests which perhaps can give reward such as in-game money or free one month MVP+ for the winners.

10. Lastly do you have any skills or strengths you’d like to point out in particular?

I would start off with soft skills, I have time mangement skills, and able to work in a team and possess communication (though chat) skills with others and of course, always will remain a cool headed when met with issues.

As for hard skills, I am an diploma holder in cyber security and networking. I also know some website UI coding, Python, C++, Javascript, HTML, PHP and know some basic photoshop and video editing skills. I also have expreience in working for 3 months in a tech film as an intern and got to touch on databases and see an actual datacenter and work on it several times during the intern. And I also know how to use advanced SQLs on databases.

1 Like