SIn_full, Staff application

1. How long have you been with OtterCraft?

4ish years give or take.

2. How old are you? Do you have any experience in moderating a server?

19, I’ve managed groups of over 1.4k members. I can provide examples if needed.

3. Why would you like to be staff?

To provide the quality service the current staff have failed to do.

4. What would you do if users started spamming the chat?

Mute them. Depending on the situation they’d receive a warning.

5. Someone was exploiting a bug on the server, what would you do?

Report it to a developer. If the bug was used only once, no harm would be done. If they abused it in large amounts they’d receive a ban.

6. Your friend, best friend, sibling or any family member joined the server and started breaking the rules, what would you do?

Mute, warning and/or ban. Again they are no exception to the rules.

7. In the event that you are accused of picking “favorites” on the server, how would you respond to that?

I’d be honest and retire from failing as a staff instead of lying. I do not intend to pick favorites like some of the current staff have been doing.

8. How have you responded to criticism in the past?

I’ve learned to resolve it peacefully without causing more problems. Sitting down and talking about it with someone respectfully would be better.

9. Is there anything you’d like to see OtterCraft do in the future that we are not currently doing?

I want to see a peaceful OtterCraft. No more corrupt staff, No more favorites, a place where staff don’t abuse their power. Staff are no exception to the rules, yet they are abused by them everyday it needs to be fixed.

10. Lastly do you have any skills or strengths you’d like to point out in particular?

Experience in administration.
Level 5 diploma in information technology (University Qualification)
Level 5 Certificate in computing (University Qualification)
Currently doing my degree in information technology
Level 1, 2, 3 NCEA (NZ college qualifications)

Ticketing systems experience (Zendesk)
Programming and web development experience (Python, C++, HTML, JavaScript) (Using eclipse) (Notepad++)
Database modelling and SQL experience (SQL+, Oracle SQL Developer)

I can bring much more than most people to the staff team. Fairness to all people on OtterCraft.

Thank you for your time.

To be perfectly honest, the chances you’d be staff on OtterCraft are extremely slim, You’ve
repeatedly shown your lack of maturity when something doesn’t go your way. You’ve had your fair share of warnings this map (not including previous maps as that would be a long list.)

During the time you were on break from OtterCraft this year, we did have a time of peace, upon your return we’ve had to deal with constant nagging from you, Bullying/harassing players, and accusing staff of “picking favorites,abusing their power, and being corrupt as a whole” We have asked you numerous times to provide examples and you have provided none.

Provide some examples of how the current staff have “failed”.

Again, provide some examples.

1 Like