Badger_'s Mod Application

1. How long have you been with OtterCraft?

I’ve been playing the server off an on for around 5ish years now. I started playing in summer of 2017 I do believe.

2. How old are you? Do you have any experience in moderating a server?

To be honest with you, I fail to meet the minimum age. I’m 16, and turning 17 this upcoming September. And to be honest once again, I have little to no experience in server moderation. I would hope to learn from the amazing staff team here at OC.

3. Why would you like to be staff?

I’d like to be staff to better the overall state of the server. I believe that having a long time member such as myself on the staff team, I could represent an aspect of growth on the server. Sure, I had my fair share of troubles when I first joined OC back 5 years ago, but I believe I’ve grown, and this could be applied to many people on the server, not only to motivate them to participate in what actions they can to better the server, but to be pillars of the community.

4. What would you do if users started spamming the chat?

Issue a simple verbal warning. If further action continues, a temporary mute is well earned.

5. Someone was exploiting a bug on the server, what would you do?

Depending on the severity of the bug, do what I have the power to do (kick, jail, etc) until a higher up staff member can get on to further execute punishment.

6. Your friend, best friend, sibling or any family member joined the server and started breaking the rules, what would you do?

Treat them the same as I would any other player. Biased is not welcome.

7. In the event that you are accused of picking “favorites” on the server, how would you respond to that?

By simply acknowledging my faults (if I am guilty of such accusation) and using them to either better myself. Defending a clearly blatant rule breakage would get no one anywhere.

8. How have you responded to criticism in the past?

Well to be honest, I didn’t respond to it well in my first few months on the server. I believe I received a temporary ban, along with some drama with another staff member. However, since then I have learned that the rules really aren’t asking much, and even if you don’t agree, they’re for the overall betterment and health to the server. So as of my recent 3+ years, I’d say I’ve responded fairly well.

9. Is there anything you’d like to see OtterCraft do in the future that we are not currently doing?

Improve the voting system to really get our name out there. Sure I love the small survival server that it is now, but I remember seeing 20, 30 and once or twice even 40 players on at once.

10. Lastly do you have any skills or strengths you’d like to point out in particular?

I would say I’m fairly active and ready to go at a moments notice. I check Discord regularly, and when available am on my PC, so booting up MineCraft isn’t a challenging thing most of the time, however I am an active athlete in my highschool, and don’t get out of school till later in the evening. Even then, I’m tired a lot of the time, and won’t get on my PC sometimes. During weekends though, I’m very active and I try my very best to be active during weekdays.